Each programme runs for 12 weeks and uses a combination of workshops intended to help people to make practical and emotional changes to improve their health and well-being.
The workshops include:
- Information sessions about type 2 diabetes
- Well-being groups and activities to help overcome the hurdles that make change tricky
- Cooking and exercise sessions to help turn theory into practice
- Access to Blackthorn’s other workshops during the programme
- At the beginning of the programme, each participant sets their own personal goals with the help of a member of the Blackthorn team. This key step offers the opportunity to identify goals that go beyond diabetes management, and it also helps people to clarify their motivation for making changes.
This programme can be accessed without a referral. If you are over 18 years old and suffering from type 2 diabetes please contact us:
Nathalie: 01622 828 371
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
RESEARCH AND FUNDING
The project has been devised by partners from the UK, France, the Netherlands and Belgium. Each partner team has included healthcare providers as well as sufferers of type 2 diabetes.
The DWELL project is funded by the EU Interreg 2 Seas programme 2014-2020 and co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. It is being evaluated by Canterbury Christ Church University. Read more about the project at www.dwelldiabetes.eu
“It has changed my life completely. I have taken control – I am now looking after myself, give myself time and do things for myself, and as a result, I am also more able to support others in my life.”